Procedures For Bus Riders
Waiting For The Bus
- Be at your bus stop 10 minutes before the bus schedule.
- Stay out of the roadway and a safe distance back from the curb or highway.
- When you see the bus coming, form a line without pushing or crowding.
- Wait until the bus has stopped to get on.
- If you should miss the bus, go straight home or to your babysitter.
Boarding The Bus
- Board the bus quickly without pushing or crowding
- Remain a minimum of 10 feet from the bus until it is at a complete stop and the driver has indicated it is safe to board the bus.
- Always use hand railing.
- Take your seat quietly and quickly without pushing and crowding others.
- Sit well to the back of your seat, use the seatbelt, and face the front of the bus.
While The Bus Is In Motion
- Remain seat belted.
- Do not walk or stand while the bus is in motion.
- Keep arms and head inside the bus.
- Never throw anything in the bus or out of the window.
- Avoid scuffling in the bus or behavior that could distract the driver.
- Avoid unnecessary or loud talking.
- Keep the aisle clear.
- Obey the driver promptly.
- Know the location of the emergency door, and how to use it.
Leaving The Bus
- Always wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before getting up from your seat.
- Always face the front when getting off.
- Use the steps; do not jump.
- Be courteous, and do not push or crowd others.
- If it is necessary to cross the street, cross in front of the bus.
Please Note! Children riding the bus regularly should bring a note from their parents each time they are to go home by some other way. This will avoid misunderstandings or the possibility of a child being left at school.
Discipline Procedures For School Bus Infractions
|1st Referral||Provide notification to the parent that a problem has occurred and an explanation of the consequences.|
|2nd Referral||Potential Suspension of bus privileges and other disciplinary action as determined by the principal.|
|3rd Referral||Suspension from the bus for a period of time and possible loss bus privileges for the remainder of the year.|
|4th Referral||Loss of bus privileges for the rest of the school year.|
****** Depending upon the severity of the infraction the principal may suspend or resend a student's privileges immediately.